Chronic Illness Coalition
501c3, incorporated in the State of Michigan
RAMP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The Chronic Illness Coalition (C.I.C.) is committed to improving the quality of life of persons affected by chronic illness, conditions or disabilities. Applications are accepted annually for candidates who are in need of a permanent ramp to be installed on their homes front or side door to the street or driveway.
The grant of $500 (contingent upon available funds) is made directly to an approved contractor or company depending on the request. One person per year is selected. Request for funding must be submitted and sponsored by a paid C.I.C. Member only on behalf of a candidate who meets the following criteria:
- submit a written request by a person 18 years old or older
- request must be sponsored by an active paid member of the CIC
- request must demonstrate a poverty level of 150% or less or extenuating financial circumstances
- have an urgent need related to chronic illness, condition or injury, that has gone unmet despite repeated attempts
- be a resident of Michigan
- own the property or child of home owner
- include a wide shot of the home
To apply, a C.I.C. Member or member organization must submit a “Request for Assistance” form on behalf of the client. Requests are accepted at any time by the C.I.C. Board President. Requests are evaluated by the C.I.C. Board of Directors monthly meeting and granted based on the appropriateness of the request and money availability in the fund.
Chronic Illness Coalition Ramp Program
REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE
Requesting assistance for: Ramp Assistance Fund
Candidate Phone: Age:
Call with questions, 800-905-8862
Past Ramps -- Ramp installation in Monroe, Michigan granted by the Chronic Illness Coalition with help from Monroe County.
Ramp built by Disability Made Easy, LLC.
Eddie rides the ramp for the first time and experiences freedom for the first time in TWO YEARS